Friday, August 10, 2012

Class Website

I used this blog address for two years as a station in my classroom.  I would have a group of students log in to the class computers, type in the blog address, and post assignments for them under reading, math, and science.  It was a great centralized location for them to use, and the ease of having them just memorize one address and click on links made it manageable for me.  

Blogger is a great tool that is integrated with Google, which makes creating your own blog/website easy and fun.  With Google Docs, there is no limit to what you can do with your blog.  

This year, however, I have decided to have my own domain and host my site on WordPress.  I plan on using it to communicate with parents, provide important dates on a class calendar, and publish our class newsletter (that we will start creating this year) on the site.  

Take a look and tell me what you think of it, and if you are interested in starting your own blog or website, I'll be happy to help you out!


Enjoy!

- Victor